Saturday, May 16, 2020

policing the wearing of masks


... that's the only explanation I can think of, anyway, even though this sheriff seems not to be wearing one himself.  Otherwise, I'll just have to come to the conclusion that sometimes people put some very strange things in their garage driveways - or maybe, that they've been taking quarantine-clearing-out to extremes.  Myself, I've dived into a closet's worth of boxes that I haven't been into since we moved here, to see what I can purge.  They are, however, surprisingly orderly - full of forty years worth of memos and letter copies (among many other things) bearing witness to all the correspondence I've penned over the years regarding the urgency of addressing unjust budget cuts, and contributing to panels with titles like "Whither the Humanities?"  Somehow, I can't bring myself to jettison these records of academe - better luck tomorrow as I move onto things like plastic crates of old computer cables ...

No comments:

Post a Comment