Sunday, June 7, 2020

the open road


I guess driving in and out of Los Angeles did, indeed, look like this once upon a time ... We, and the cats, left at an early hour this morning - and we're now safe and sound in Eldorado (and now for two weeks state-mandated quarantine.  Should be just like the last thirteen weeks ...).   Since I was driving once we were heading into the beautiful long evening golden light, these are early morning shots - evocative of the course I taught on American Road Cultures - one of my favorites ever.  But so many of those Route 66 wayside attractions are faded and crumbling and deserted.

Just about 13 hours door to door, including stop for picnic lunch; heavily masked, gloved, and sanitized refueling ... and no, I know you're wondering: no rest rooms were entered ...



No comments:

Post a Comment