Friday, October 21, 2016

ascending thoughts


I walked through one of our campus buildings today - the Verna and Peter Dauterive Hall was formally opened back in 2014, but I'd not set foot in it before.  Very glossy.  It houses some branches of the social sciences - not, alas, humanities.  But I was very struck by the sculpture, the mobile that cascades down from the center, and apparently changes color according to the light.  Interesting, it seems to be art by design - that is, I can't find a single artist claiming responsibility for it, but rather, SKA Design claims responsibility - and their website, and the publicity surrounding the opening, tell me that it's optimistically called "Ascending Thoughts."  In this environment, even a couple of studious (well, let's surmise) individuals manage to look like an art installation.


No comments:

Post a Comment