Friday, August 25, 2017

unnoticed, or unremembered?


A very flying visit to Oxford, today, to meet with Daisy and George, the wonderful publicity/marketing team behind Flash! (2/3 of the team, anyway), and to record an Author's Video that will sooner or later go up on the OUP website, talking about the book.  So that was great fun.  But I refuse, still, to take obvious turistico photos in Oxford: I play a game with myself to find and photograph something that I swear that I've never noticed or seen before.  This is in New College Lane - and I must have passed it a hundred - five hundred - times.  But have I "seen" it before?  Or was it just that the light was striking it?  Or have I seen it, and loved its spirals, in the past, and completely forgotten it?  It's so strange being a living ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment