Saturday, December 13, 2014

the storm rolls out (for 12 Dec)


It was very, very, very wet.  The storm woke me up in the middle of the night, and I was super-aware that the amount of water coming down could mean trouble ... but the garage didn't flood that much, really ... and it meant that I could put Alice's collection of last semester's NYT to good use.  I'm sure she can find on line what's in them that she meant to cut out, really.  Hmmmm, sorry.  But - necessary.  I could hardly see the hill of Griffith Park when it got light, and there were huge pools of water, and a very wet rabbit.

And then the helicopters.  Police helicopters, news helicopters (there's one just under the left-hand bank of cloud, below).  They were pulling two people from the LA river which was in full spate below us (that's water running down our street, in search of a river to run into).  Probably not surprising that I couldn't get to the office to do urgent admin ... then the plane was late ... then I didn't get to Santa Fe until well gone midnight ... and now ... the same storm is rolling in, here ...


No comments:

Post a Comment