Wednesday, November 22, 2017

a good season for the Dodgers


To be completely honest, baseball is the last American Sport that I've really got to know in any detail - with no particular reason for this tardiness.  But by the time the Dodgers were in the World Series a few weeks back, I was sitting up late at night reading up the rules on my iPhone - I feel a little more confident now about how the whole thing works.  OK, so they - we? - didn't win.  But at least this means that when I see miniscule baseball player figurines, I have a hitherto unsuspected sense of attachment, or at least identification.  These are sitting on the windowsill of a more-or-less neighborhood cafe, Go Get'em Tiger - we went and gave ourselves a pre-Thanksgiving treat of lunch out (at Kismet, almost next door to it), and Tigered it for coffee afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment