Tuesday, November 14, 2017

you know you're in Canada when ...


... a surprisingly large Rocky Mountain Bighorn greets you at baggage claim.  There are, indeed, a lot of metal animals in Calgary Airport.   Here in Banff, just about all the streets are named after animals - Caribou and Bear and Moose and Beaver and Elk and Muskrat.  For all you NAVSA peeps who aren't here yet (and why am I here already?  it had to do with the timing of direct flights from LAX) - it really isn't that cold.  Truly.  And I say that coming from LA.  It's winter, yes, and there's some snow on the ground, and I'm expecting that it'll look pretty in daylight - but it's not like, say, MLA in Chicago, which (the last time I was there) was one of the memorably nastiest chilly dank experiences of my life.  No - the air is thin and dry and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment