Thursday, March 29, 2018

a sorrowful farewell to a cushion. Maybe.


In the grand scheme of things, this is not a major loss.  But I've had this cushion a long, long time - I bought it in the late 80s, when Liberty's briefly had a store on the High in Oxford - where Hobbs is now - and it was far more than I could afford at the time - I think £28.  Today, I realized that it's been seriously mothed.  I've inspected it from time to time for signs of moth, and it's always been very resilient, which has surprised me - we had such a bad infestation of them in Oxford, and they continue to surface from time to time.  Clearly, a bunch of them had been partying in this cushion.  Sure, I may yet put it in the freezer for 48 hours, and wash it, and and and - looking at this image, it's hard to believe that I won't at least give it a try.  And yes, I know it's just a kilim cushion, but it's been around a long time, and I'm very fond of it, holes and all.

And yes, I know we have a very lovely cat called Moth, but that's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment