Tuesday, March 6, 2018

recruitment


Today has been Recruitment Day in Art History: that's meant seven prospective students coming to my grad class this morning (on Victorian Color); their tour of the Fisher Art Museum on campus and then their visit to the Getty, and then dinner at a colleague's house, where - admittedly with the aid of patio heaters - we could all admire the view and the Southern Californian climate.  We're hoping the latter is a particularly seductive recruitment tool, given the weather forecast and travel turmoil on the east coast ...

... and I want them all to come!  Then they can all become proud Trojans; learn to say Fight On! with just the appropriate degree of irony, and add cardinal and gold items of apparel to their wardrobe.  Or simply wear a pin ... This was the array I found myself staring at in the University Bookstore today (that should be "Bookstore"), when I'd gone in to buy a phone charging cable ...



No comments:

Post a Comment