Tuesday, March 26, 2019

fountains at Union Station


Alice dropped me off at the side of Union Station today, so that I could catch the bus down to USC (she went on to Keck; drove to campus later) - and heading up a staircase to the bus plaza, I encountered some fountains I'd never seen before - installed in 1995.  The top one is by Roberto Gil de Montes, the other one - two different sides; two different cat heads - by Elsa Flores.  Flores is best known for murals in LA and elsewhere (probably most famously, she collaborated on "California Dreamscape" with her late husband, Carlos Almaraz); de Montes is originally from Mexico - and among many other things has done some striking tile installations in the Metro, which I want to check out ... This was an unexpected bonus for the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment