Sunday, March 31, 2019

someone else's wisteria


OK - I'll admit to serious wisteria envy.  I've always loved wisteria.  I planted some in a tub on the balcony of my first apartment, in Bristol, but I can't remember that anything much happened (I had, of course, grandiose horticultural visions of it careening across the balcony).  I planted some in our garden in Oxford, but although it grew, it was anaemic and unenthusiastic - I got my wisteria kicks from an amazing bush that twined in with a hawthorne and a May tree on Mansfield Road on a corner that now, I saw with dismay a few months back, has been cleared for redevelopment.  I don't remember trying in either Princeton or New Jersey - and New Mexico needs a good deal of care and attendtion - and here in Los Angeles, I just borrow other people's magnificent blooms.  Maybe next year will be the year to try, in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment