Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Music and Mindfulness


Around the middle of the day, I started to hear loud, ethereal choral and - maybe flautist? - sounds.  Eventually, I realized this wasn't one of my colleagues turning up some loud music, but that there was a whole flock of rotating figures on the space outside the side of Taper Hall - somewhere between a Dalek and a lampshade.  All of them were vocalizing or playing - it was really magical (although, to be honest, I'd have wished to come upon them in a more magical setting.  But then, maybe not.  This is my vision of how I like my university - surprising me with sudden beauty).  And then I was given a small bell, with an attached hexagonal notice: one side was advertising a forthcoming Visions and Voices event on Music and Mindfulness, with a mindful-poem written by a student in a poetry class taught by Molly Bendall, one of my colleagues. 

This has been a long day: I could do with more music and mindfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment