Thursday, April 2, 2020

someone else's flower


Memo to self: some of these would look good next year, if we planted them.

This isn't the photo that I'd planned: the ones of us venturing out of the house for the first time actually wearing face coverings were - well, ridiculous.  Not in a good way; not in a way that might brighten your day - just pathetic.  I was reasonably proud of keeping a scarf tied round my face for the duration of the walk, but looking at the visual evidence, it was decidedly further down my nose than I'd want.  By the time of our afternoon outing, I'd sewed myself something more practical (I was especially proud of the bent paper-clip hemmed into a nose-bridge), but judging by Alice's reaction, it was hardly an aesthetic success...  So this iris will have to act as a very bland stand-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment