Saturday, December 12, 2020

top of the tree


The Christmas tree is up! (courtesy of the wonderful Adam and Kim's trees, who set up their stock in Eldorado every year - and, I saw, were sold out by this evening.  And they did no-contact delivery this year, too, for which much gratitude).  If the tree is 95% decorated in more or less tasteful, if predictable, blue and silver lights and baubles, the black peacock and the goldfinch seem to belong to some other sub-gothic decor scheme, but it wouldn't be Christmas to me without birds.  I seem to have mislaid a handful over the years (and I can't even blame kitties).  Back when I was very small, my parents used to move the three glass birds that we had - and that I think my father still place on the (now artificial) tree every year - around every night: I truly believed that they magically flew about on their own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment