Friday, January 8, 2021

homesickness setting in ...


It's getting on for a year since I was last in England - which is hard for all kinds of personal reasons to do with family and friends, but also when it comes to other patterns of touching base.  But look what Amazon can do for one!  Marmite, yes - and that's something, I know, that I can get in LA without much difficulty, in normal times.  But Waitrose's Duchy Oaten Biscuits!  Last week I scored some Nairn's oatcakes, too, also from Amazon ...

In other, and more seriously wonderful news, my father should have received his first vaccine jab this morning!  Assuming that happened without a hitch (and I'm sure he'd have told me if there was a problem - typically, he emailed me about something else, without mentioning his scheduled trip to the hospital in which I was born ...) - that will be the beginning of a huge, huge weight off my mind.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment