Saturday, January 16, 2021

tracks


... and unwanted tracks, at that: not the tracks of rabbits, nor, indeed, of the couple of pairs of coyotes we've seen out hunting today, but the tire tracks left by a crazed, speed-record breaking UPS truck, who seems to think that our front .... well, we can hardly call it our front garden, but our front land is something to practice turning on, something on which to pretend one's driving an all-terrain vehicle.  I rather feebly pulled some branches of dead cactus across where he'd rejoined the driveway, to hint that this isn't terra nulla, but I suspect I need to do something more emphatic.  I guess this is the price of having cheese delivered from afar ...

In other observations (a) it's a great sunset over the Cerrillos Hills (b) I miss the greenery in LA, and England.  No one told me - before I moved to the US - that the grass isn't green all year long, as it is in the UK.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment