Sunday, February 21, 2021

the abandoned chairs of Los Feliz


long-time readers will remember an Occasional Series of mine from long, long ago: The Abandoned Chairs of Highland Park - Highland Park NJ, that is.  Discarded furniture, or indeed discarded anything, is much less common around here, because our streets don't really go anywhere - they loop back on themselves.  This, in turn, has its disadvantages - you can't put something out and watch it disappear.  And when we lived on N. Hoover Street, you could give the least attractive objects about half an hour, maximum, before they were gone - everything, that is, apart from one particular black and white mug, which mysteriously no one, ever, wanted to relieve us of here in LA, or in NJ.  I think I might, in the end, have snuck it off to Out Of the Closet.  This chair may be comfortable, for all I know - and I eyed it hopefully, because I miss my chair in Santa Fe - but the seat is more ripped (how?  Not even our cats could do that) than even I could work out how to mend, and leather re-upholstery isn't, alas, in my current skill set.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment