Thursday, April 29, 2021

a pandemic casualty?


Alas, it looks as though one of my favorite stores in Santa Fe may have gone under.  For years - decades, even - I've loved going to Casa, next door to one of the branches of Ohori's Coffee - where I went today to pick up lots and lots of coffee to take back to LA.  Mainly I seemed to buy cushions there, or occasionally scarves; certainly greetings cards, occasionally jewellery - and then other one-off items, like my illuminated white owl.  Whoever bought stuff for it had a particularly fine eye for interesting fabrics and colors.  

But alas, today - with no notice of when it closed - assuming it closed; but there again, no "for lease" sign - it was dusty; just about empty apart from a few boxes, two dead cacti, and a strange figure, half-way between a standing Buddha and the Michelin Man, holding a large orange plastic carp.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment