Wednesday, April 28, 2021

the beginning and end of the storm


It's been a day of spectacular clouds, from the ones that were billowing up when I was on my morning walk, to the dark, dark ones that circled round and round Eldorado and eventually, when I was in the middle of a Zoom meeting, decided that they would actually drop some rain - not masses and masses, but enough to make everything smell absolutely extraordinary: fresh northern New Mexico, after it rains, may be my very favorite natural smell in the world - a combination of soil and pinon trees, for starters.  And lilac ... There was a thin yellow stripe of post-sunset lighting up the western sky, eventually, signalling, I think, the end of the storm, which has rushed on down to the south of the state.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment