Sunday, January 22, 2023

drained


Yes, that's a metaphor for how I feel ... thanks to the smaller of the two Silver Lake lakes for providing it.  What should have been a quiet day of re-entry and re-assimilation was a marathon of clearing the whole back terrace of plants in heavy pots, and garden furniture, and the barbecue (happily on wheels, but heavy) ready for demolition and re-construction work to start tomorrow - and then more clearing of a whole chunk of the garage (luckily nothing like the one at 20 ...) so that they can store a generator in it.  Somewhere in all of this I realised that I'd left my US wallet (with such minor things as my driver's license in it) back in a Safe Place in Wimbledon.  Could I start the last 36 hours over again, please?  But at least it was good to go for a lake walk, this morning ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment