Wednesday, August 9, 2023

last of our summer nights


... outside our house, and from our driveway: tomorrow we drive away back to LA.  Alas.  

But we did raise a glass or two this evening to the house itself - it's more or less twenty years to the day since I bought it, and it's been the best investment - in the sense of the pleasure that it's given me - that I've ever made.  The views and skies make it special, for a start, and although on paper it's very modest inside if one's going by measurements alone, in practice it always, and totally, feels like home

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezAugust 12, 2023

    Happy house anniversary! One day, I hope to make such a strong connection with a place and a space. That sky is like a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longer than I've ever lived anywhere else - unless you count the house I grew up in and kept/keep returning to. Not that I actually *live* here, but at the same time, it's Home ...

    ReplyDelete