Tuesday, September 26, 2023

waiting to catch breakfast


Turning onto our old street, heading to work, there was a hawk - probably a sharp-shinned hawk, since it's so small - and I know that they love mourning doves (for breakfast, not as friends), and there are lots of those around.  I'd have thought it could be a sparrow hawk, but I don't think that we have them in LA (despite there being a perfectly decent Californian wine company called Sparrowhawk ...).  I know Blake spoke of "perfect symmetry" in relation to his tyger, and that therefore the phrase probably had something to do with stripes, but I do like how the hawk is at the apex of ... of what? One of those mysteries one doesn't see until one looks at one's own photograph: overgrown door?

And in other, important, and wonderful news: LOOK!  We exchanged contracts this morning.  Completion is on November 3rd.  I'll say more about who's bought it when I have the purchasers' permission to do so, but I'm very happy, and I know that Joy and Ray would have been, too.  For now - that is, from November 4th onwards - it'll be a teenager spill-over house, and that's great!  I hope they move a table-tennis table in - it would fit very well.







 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezSeptember 27, 2023

    Ah, it's the end of an era... I'm glad to see the big "Sold" sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SO AM I*! But sad, too, of course. Absolutely the end of an era ... 62 years of house, but I'm glad it'll have some more months - even a year or two - with life in it!

    ReplyDelete