Thursday, September 21, 2023

working in the kitchen


 I had to work in the kitchen for a lot of today, to be accessible to the hordes - or so it felt like - of assorted workpeople who were smartening up the fence that's been built at the back of our new deck, or mending the front garden's waterfall where the raccoons had dismantled it and broken the pump - or whatever.  The trouble with working in the kitchen ... is that one is very close to food sources.  Not just for me, you understand - lunch was a tub of Green Pea Soup that, according to its label, had been in the freezer since 2018 (but I'm still alive, thankfully) - but, well, Kibble.  Gramsci thinks that my attempts to work on the apparatus necessary to sort out next year's teaching schedule is a total waste of time, and that I should be doing something more immediately related to his needs.

2 comments: