Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 fades out


The last light of 2023.  Yes, I know I posted about sunsets yesterday, and these are in the danger range of turning into New Mexico stock images ... but I always post the fading of the year on its last evening.  I'm never truly sorry to say goodbye to a year - but 2023 was, all things considered, more stress than pleasure (and ending it with Covid, even, happily, in the mildest of versions, was the final kick in the teeth).  But we did, at dinner, and over a bottle of fizz, extract all the good things that we could about the year that's waning away.  All the same, I'll be glad to hang up the new calendar tomorrow.  Before then - Happy New Year, everyone! - and thank you, so much, all of you who read this, and keep me faithful to my daily practice ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment