Monday, April 22, 2024

the abstraction of waiting rooms


 


Not that I myself was lost in abstract thought - plenty of teaching prep for the week - the last week of teaching! - to get me through ... Reader: wear sunscreen.  Admittedly, the damage done to my skin - which needed two small skin cancers removed from it today - was probably done on French and Greek beaches in the 1970s, but all the same.  And think yourself lucky I'm not posting images of my huge stitched flaps (there's not a lot of skin round one's hairline) not of my bandaged, Bride of Dracula self (the bandages will shrink a bit in a day or two).  Of course I took documentary selfies of such things as I was being patched up. I may try and conceal myself on campus under a floppy hat.  Also, it hurts (that's to be expected, apparently). Also I will probably have a black eye tomorrow or the next day.  Better off/out than on, but youch.

No comments:

Post a Comment