Saturday, October 20, 2012

the wound is the place where the light enters


which is, I find, a quotation from Rumi, the C13th mystic Persian poet (and according to Wikipedia, which may not be at all accurate on this one, one of the most widely read poets in America.  Really?  Who do I know who reads Rumi?  Maybe you all do; maybe I've missed out).  However, this is on one of my favorite street art corners in Silver Lake, and by Nomatter Whatness, whom I'm sure has been responsible for quite a few images on this blog.  I'm so lucky to live in such a street art mecca ... ah, the trendiness of SL.  I was well enough to make it as far as Intelligentsia to have coffee (o.k., in my case, herbal tea) with a former student, and one great advantage of hanging out with a 22 year old for an hour or so is that she can do the celebrity spotting.  I gather I should be impressed that Alexa Chung was at the next table (impossibly thin - I mean, how did she get her bones so thin?), wearing sunglasses that made her look like a Halloween cat, and endearingly scuffed gold pumps.  Sometimes I feel old ...

No comments:

Post a Comment