Sunday, April 28, 2013

gothic light (veiled)


Putting together material for a class on photography and repetition, it seems only right that once again I should turn to the topic of house painting, or for that matter (because another part of me, for an upcoming conference paper, is immersed in C19th photography of Venice) Gothic window-shapes.  The repetition stuff has me gazing at a lot of deadpan material - grain elevators and gas holders and gas stations - lots of urban infrastructure - and this light is pretty deadpan, too.  That is, until we get to the emotions that I project onto it of frustration - it's at the top of the stairs down to my study, and most certainly it would look a lot better if the painters hadn't protectively covered it in plastic, and if I didn't now have to ask them to take this plastic down ...

No comments:

Post a Comment