Thursday, July 11, 2013

bling


I spent much too long today doing something I've been meaning to do for - well, a few years, I guess - disentangling my jewelry.  Mostly, that is, my cheap jewelry - the truly respectable stuff is kept fairly tidy, although I was delighted to resurrect a couple of pairs of earrings that I'd feared I'd never see again.  This is the final, pretty much impenetrable tangle.  Too much moving, too much throwing things into bags, too little culling ... So now there are a few things to take to be mended; a large heap (disentangled) to go with some clothes to Look What the Cat Dragged In (the animal shelter's charity store here in Santa Fe), and, indeed, a whole lot of quite wearable jewelry.  In particular, there are a number of wire and crystal necklaces that I have little or no memory of.  I suspect that a good deal of this stuff cost 6.99 in Monsoon fifteen years ago, but some of it may well merit a wearing, and towards some I just have fond associations.

No comments:

Post a Comment