Tuesday, July 2, 2013

the inexhaustible Moth


If only I had as much energy as our young Moth.  One never knows where she's going to turn up next: this evening, on top of the kitchen cupboards.  And I'm feeling exhausted from reading Tom Wolfe's The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, which seems much more readable than when I borrowed it from Wimbledon Library in 1970, but is having the effect on me of wanting - needing - to go and sit on my own in a very, very quiet space - like Walt Whitman without the line breaks, at best, and for the rest of the time - the most remarkable thing is that Wolfe himself claimed that he never took acid, only once smoked marijuana - and yet, of course, he manages to get inside the head of every doped up Merry Prankster.  Why, you might well ask ... ?  Lots of flashes!  Revelatory ones!  Inner experience ones!  It's the link between Harold Edgerton and stroboscopic photography and - and what?  Flash mobs, flash fiction, flash restaurants ... but I won't get to writing about them till the weekend, most probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment