Friday, January 31, 2014

year of the horse


It's a long time since any of my plastic horses have made an appearance here: since it's about to be The Year of the Horse, it seems as good a moment as any to resurrect them.  Indeed, I was reminded that they had a claim to an artistic existence last week when giving a ride to one of USC's Roski School photographers, who picked up one of them from the side pocket in my car and said Ah! I see that you have little ones, too!  Only he meant little human people, so I had to disabuse him of that one, and explained that said miniature simulacrum was only in my car because I'd taken it into a class to make a cyanotype.  Which was true - though I spared him the full lengths to which I've gone to include these horses in art work over the years ...

No comments:

Post a Comment