Monday, July 10, 2017

yellow tomatoes


When did yellow tomatoes become a Thing?  I mean - they've been around for a while, obviously - but I can't remember when they first rose up in front of me in a supermarket or on a market stall, looking strange and different.  I know that they have their advantages, to some - they are sweeter, less acidic - but I much prefer the acidic bite of the red-colored fruit (the fact that a tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable, is something that my mother taught me when I was very young, and that I cherished, doubtless with some superiority, as a piece of arcane knowledge).  On the other hand, yellow tomatoes don't have any lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant and is good for heart health (and supposedly is anti-cancer, but who ever knows with such claims?) - that in itself is enough to keep me eating the red ones, even if the yellow ones are pretty ...

No comments:

Post a Comment