Thursday, October 13, 2022

the very end of the sunflowers


... in more ways than one.  I was delighted, last night, that although we didn't get to see them, all of the sunflowers had bloomed - they didn't wither and perish when I was no longer there to water them.  Now, of course, they are dried, but still standing - here, catching the early morning sun.  But not even the stalks and heads remain: by eight thirty today, the mowers/brush clearers were here, in force, clearing all the dead grasses and tumbleweeds from around the house, and down came the sunflowers, too.  I just had time to pick all the heads that I could - there are still some undispersed seeds left, and they'll be repurposed next year.

Fall break?  I seem to have - we both have - admin, and deadlines, that are swallowing up every hour of the day when we're not out walking in the autumn air.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment