Monday, September 25, 2023

bedroom view (aka The Deck From Above)


Early-ish this morning, I was so dramatically felled (as always) by the Covid vaccine that I thought I might never make it out of bed again to take a picture - at least, not till late ... the icicle shivers lasted from 11.27 p.m. to 1.38 a.m., and then the aching and exhaustion began ...But by the last afternoon I was recovered enough to eat a few Triscuits and even to go to a terrible, terrible documentary in Glendale - Radical Wolfe, which Alice wanted to see because of her current book project ... It was sheer hagiography, including fervent praise from both Niall Ferguson and Peter Thiel; good on Tom Wolfe's style, but didn't ever come close to anything analytic.  Also - we were the only two people in the entire movie theater, which was weird.  

At least I think I may be returned to humanity tomorrow.  Thank you so much, everyone, for expressing concern...

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezSeptember 26, 2023

    I hope the cats have been good nursemaids... may the shivers pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't, seemingly, post a pic of Grammy sitting on me in this reply, but let me assure you - they took it in turns, and were suitably kind and dutiful (though there were no offers to make chicken soup. They'd have drunk it themselves, anyway).

      Delete