Wednesday, September 13, 2023

LACMA (and tarpits)


To LACMA, to the opening of the absolutely stunning Woven Histories: Textiles and Modern Abstraction show - at least, all I saw of it was stunning, but I'll go back and look at it properly when I'm not socializing and drinking ginger beer margaritas.  Here's the Santa Fe meets LA contingent ... Harmony Hammond, with one of our newly minted AHIS PhDs, Ashton Cooper - Harmony figured centrally in her dissertation - and Alice, who was on her committee.  So much fun to get together - and with other friends too - at this.  You can't see, but I too was wearing suitable New York black ... 

And I can't go to LACMA - or I rarely can - without dropping in at the tarpits.  Not literally dropping - that's how all those sabre toothed tigers, and mammoths, and so on got stuck there, millennia ago: it's always good to remember that LA is built on a primeval swamp.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment