Wednesday, September 6, 2023

conference travel


You'd have thought that I'd have had enough of airplanes this week.  But, evidently, no ... On the other hand, I really get a whole lot of work done in them, so I feel very caught up.  This is Dallas Fort Worth, en route to Memphis.  Tonight I have the Mississippi outside my window. I think my love of this river must come from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn being two of ... if not the very first two ... the American novels that I ever read (and I went around cramming the pockets of my corduroy trousers as full as I possibly could of all kinds of things - like my tiny little penknife - because Tom's pockets were full, too.)  And I desperately wanted to see a paddle steamer.  Maybe, in the morning ... it's pitch dark, now.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment