Friday, September 1, 2023

Hillside ... (and helpers)


"Hillside" has been shorthand for "home" for so long - it's hard to let go of that.  But it did strike me today that I had no matter of factual record of the little street itself "Hillside, off the Ridgway," is what I always tell taxi drivers, who always seem to find it confusing.  It used to be "just pass The Swan," until the Swan became the Rushmere.  Anyway, I don't suppose I'll direct a cab there ever again.  

I thought I'd left for the night - and then, as soon as I was back at the hotel, realized I'd left my computer there (I'd been on a LONG Zoom meeting about admin stuff) - and it was a perfect sunset over the common.


I had helpers this morning - Sam (top) and Tom (below), although they were distracted by the prospect of Mice in the wet grass.



 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezSeptember 01, 2023

    These photos hint at the cats' complex inner lives--happy cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snootypaws (below) and Sidekick. Ooops, sorry: their people call them Tom and Sam.

    ReplyDelete