Friday, December 22, 2023

perhaps the world's most crooked Christmas tree?


This may be the tree's best angle.  It certainly has many worse ...  So: I congratulated myself on my efficiency this year, and ordered our tree way in advance, from Adam and Kim who annually sell them up at La Tienda in Eldorado - and ordered it to be delivered, too.  Only ... we were delayed a week by my teeth, and so I arranged with Adam for it to be brought round yesterday, when they were closing down for the season. It's a challenge.  Was it the last one of its type left on the lot, rejected by others?  It - bends in different directions.  So if you put it straight up in its holder, it then shoots off in one direction, and then sharply angles back on itself.  But if you angle it in the holder, then the deviation later on is even worse.  I spent a long time puzzling with this one, and in the end gave in to its idiosyncrasies, and it definitely looks as though it has a major, and very inebriated tilt.

As you can see, Moth is wandering past, indifferent.  It's Gramsci's first indoor tree, and I was expecting him to be excited - especially since it's covered in an aviary's worth of little red birds.  I've left off all glass baubles, in an excess of caution.  But apart from a moment's surprise - "you've brought a tree indoors?" - he's barely given it a glance, and if he registers it at all, prefers to gaze at the reflection of the lights in the window.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment