Wednesday, January 17, 2024

an inexplicable chair



Some long-term readers may remember that way back, when I lived in New Jersey, I would often photograph Abandoned Chairs.  Or, to put this another way, there were a peculiarly large number of homeless chairs - sometimes a kitchen chair, sometimes an arm chair - on the streets of Highland Park.  Doubtless some of them found good homes (I last remember an old office chair of ours being wheeled away up Second Avenue to its new lodgings). But they have rather disappeared from my repertoire in LA.

But - yesterday - this chair (almost certainly not, strictly speaking, abandoned) appeared outside my office.  Why?  I have yet to see anyone sit on it.  There are perfectly adequate wooden benches built into the walls opposite.  Admittedly, Taper Hall is in a state of disarray because of the flooding (not that you'd know it from this empty corridor), but I'm not sure that explains the migrating patterns of furniture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment