Wednesday, January 31, 2024

feeding the seagulls


A very quick gulp of sea air - makes a change from course prep, of which there seems to be an inordinate amount.  On the other hand, I do enjoy the prep, especially when it means putting together intricate combinations of slides - and then putting half of these in a kind of reserve cache at the end of the presentation - for the improbable circumstance of my running out of things to say.  And there's so much to say - sometimes I feel as though I'm endlessly throwing large chunks of bread in the air for students to catch, and have to remind myself all the time that less is more, and that I should be pleased with myself if I can construct a three point plan for each undergraduate class (tomorrow -  ruins, Italy, Cole [or rather the Coles, because Sarah gets a look in too], The Course of Empire, and Robert Duncanson.  That's all ...).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment