Saturday, January 27, 2024

berries


... of some kind - they look like very tart cherries, but almost certainly aren't.  I'll leave them to the birds and the squirrels.  They are one of the medium height trees around which the new garden is starting to grow: you can see some plants, and tufts of ornamental grasses here - but we need both the rain that's promised at the end of next week and for it to get warmer before the Miraculous Transformation starts to take place...

Also of note - it's Forms Traced By Light's fifteenth anniversary today!  I feel I should throw it a party.  That's fifteen year of posting an image (or several) and writing something, daily.  Admittedly, these days, it's much more like a daily jotting, a scribble in a diary, a note to myself - when it started, I was solemnly engaging with photo theory and history, since the blog went along with a class I was teaching on Writing and Photography.  But it's still, where time and circumstances allow, where I go down the occasional rabbit hole.  And it's still fun reminding myself to look for things that will make an image that will also give me scope to say something - or a light effect that's given me pleasure.  If my own sense of myself as a photographer has become a lot less self-aggrandizing, it hasn't stopped me using my eyes - and that's also a big part of the pleasure I get from this.  But - gosh - fifteen years!  That's something like 5,478 posts - though I may have miscounted, because of leap years ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment