Wednesday, January 24, 2024

renamed


Kiki?  I've been at the receiving end of a number of different spellings in my time: Cait, Cate, Katy ... but Kiki?  Has anyone been called Kiki since Kiki Dee (as in "Don't Go Breaking My Heart")?  Googling her I find that she was born Pauline Matthews, in Bradford (didn't know that!); that she worked in Boots in Bradford, sang back-up for Dusty Springfield, and that Dusty had originally been going to do that hit number with Elton John, but was too sick to do it.  But still - Kiki?  Anyway, the coffee kept me going through a morning of interviewing prospective graduate students ...

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezJanuary 25, 2024

    Perhaps they divined your cat name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I think Kiki would be largely black with a white bib and paws?

    ReplyDelete