Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lola's paw


I may be biased, but this is a very fine paw, and a companion piece to the picture of LucyFur's paw that I posted sometime last summer.   It's dangling over the radiator in the front hallway - I can't quite fathom how Lola can bear to be on such a hot surface - and somewhere underneath this radiator cover is, we found, a very gently dripping valve.   There's another, similar, dripping valve in a radiator in the living room.   It's not hard to convey how very, very glad we will be if we can ever off-load this house, which seems to develop a new and potentially costly problem every week or so.   And I will be equally glad when I come to the end of checking the positioning of commas, the spelling of Bulwer Lytton, the absence of periods at the end of bibliography entries, and all the thousand and one minutiae that are involved in the 1st round of copy editing of the New Cambridge History volume with which I have a very sulky relationship, and actually start to read books again that might have some bearing on my research ...

No comments:

Post a Comment