Sunday, January 20, 2013

NAVSA 2013 (Pasadena) in the planning stages ...


Victorianists among you will, I know, have your calendars blocked out for NAVSA 2013 in Pasadena (October 23rd 26th).  Indeed, everyone should come - it's going to be a great party.  Who wouldn't want to be in Pasadena in late October?  The theme is "Evidence," and since we all work with evidence, all the time, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a proposal ...

We - the organizing committee - were hard at work planning today, in Santa Barbara, at Erika Rappaport's house, following - yes - lunch in the sunshine, in the garden.  The handsome cat on my knee is Cheddar, which is the most perfect name for an orange feline.  So here's concrete Evidence that we're moving along.

I drove back along the coast - along Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway - which I think I went down on my very first visit to LA, in ? 1989, although I've not been any further north on it than the Getty Villa since.  This, I thought, has been a big mistake - that is, until the sun went down, and I was stuck behind what proved to be a motor bike accident for a very long time.  But before then - ah, I offer up these photos in apology to all of you who have snow outside your windows right now ...





No comments:

Post a Comment