Wednesday, June 27, 2018

5 weeks meets 95 and 94 ...


Having been summoned back to London by my father - not as a death's door emergency, but as a "you'd probably better come sooner rather than later" call (which, as we all know, means that "sooner" definitely means better than speculating on "later") I was pleasantly surprised to find my mother downstairs - and then, within ten minutes of my arrival, the neighbors brining round their new baby, Rose, for show and tell.  (The story's a bit more complicated than that, since they are both doctors, and therefore were casting an expert eye over my mother under the guise/disguise of a social visit.  And one of them specializes in breast oncology - so of course was exactly the person I most wanted to talk to from another (and very encouraging) point of view.)  But.  It's been very surreal hurrying back at what's - let's say - not an optimum time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment