Monday, June 25, 2018

a more distanced cactus view (and this won't be a whole week of cacti ...)


So much for my thinking that it would be a fairly vegetative week here, looking after A, and reading/taking notes/yard watering and cultivating.  Yes, I tried for some of that this morning - and then an email arrived from my father suggesting that I should go back to England - if not, exactly, asap - because as my father put it, that would probably be too late - but sooner rather than later, since my mother is weakening.  Not that this hasn't been apparent, from afar, for the last couple of weeks, but I'd been deeply hoping that I wouldn't have to return at any of the truly trough-like, dismal points in Alice's chemo.  However ... however, and we are truly blessed to have good friends who can step into my shoes and be here overnight for the nights I'm away.  Once I'm back in Wimbledon, I know, cacti will seem like very far-away plants indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment