Friday, June 8, 2018

on the subject of vacuum cleaners


Inevitably, this was the week when our trusty vacuum cleaner decided to give up the ghost - its inner belt went; some outside plastic fractured.  I located a Dyson store way over in North Hollywood (which is really more like West Burbank); luckily a friend could spend a couple of hours with Alice, so that I could head over there.   The store/repair joint was sleek but workmanlike, and had a strange installation - see above - of half-stripped machines.  It seemed that repairs on the one that I wheeled up the carpark would cost about $35 less than a brand new one... The helpful men who worked there were impressed by the old vacuum that I'd taken in (it must have been 17 years old, and has done very well) - "that's one of the earliest models!  Wow!"  I was sorry to bid her farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment