Saturday, June 2, 2018

not a Venetian lion


Not, indeed, that we were going to Venice, anyway - but this makes me vaguely nostalgic for all of those leonine faces and manes.  From which it's apparent that we were walking round the 'hood this morning - and, therefore, that Alice felt mobile and unfatigued enough to tackle the local hilly streets.  This seems to be one of the few corners without flowers: really, I should come out with some kind of identification guide, and learn what things are beyond roses and ivy.  I am, of course, making up all kinds of notional projects suitable for spending the summer here, in LA (as in: learning to identify plants; clear out the garage, etc) as though I had months and months stretching in front of me - not ten weeks before the semester starts again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment