Sunday, November 18, 2018

"discover usc"


After the last few days in Wimbledon, it was remarkably surreal to be back on campus giving a talk - supposedly representative of the humanities - to a "Discover USC" day, with an audience of prospective students and their parents.  The students who came up to me afterwards and who asked questions (interestingly, mostly about research opportunities working with professors, and about internships in galleries) were utterly smart and adorable and I wanted to kidnap them immediately and tell them they weren't under any circumstances allowed to go anywhere else - they made me feel that I loathe all the admin that I do and would love to be back in the classroom (a feeling that, of course, might well wear off with closer exploration).  And all of this still juxtaposed with phone calls and emails to and from England ...

No comments:

Post a Comment