Friday, November 16, 2018

quinces


Today was a pretty drear day, literally and figuratively.  But here are some quinces - I think - spotted on Ridgway Place, just up the road from where I used to go to ballet and "character dance."  I find (googling) that this latter term melds classical ballet with European folk dance, and is part of the Royal Ballet School repertoire (Letty Littlewood's Associated Arts dance school, where I took these classes, was very much a feeder school for the Royal Ballet School).  This training stood me in surprisingly good stead in my theatrical career ... last on display, I think, when I was a witch dancing on Walpurgis Night in a production of Faust at the Young Vic.  Christopher Gable was Faust ... 

Or: let's put it another way: it's hard to be back in Wimbledon and not be swamped with memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment