Saturday, January 5, 2019

waiting for lunch


You wouldn't expect me to go back to Los Angeles without having some New Mexican food, would you?  So - after writing a 1600 word review, and before polishing up the syllabus for my grad course, I drove to my favorite diner, Harry's Roadhouse, for lunch ... coming back here, especially in winter when there are very few out-of-town people, always (as I'm sure I've remarked many times before) feels like home.  That empty chair?  You can think of that as the one that Alice would be occupying as she, too, waited for a lunch table, were she able to travel.  I'm hoping that we'll both be here at Spring Break.

What was that?  Oh, yes, you were wondering: a chicken burrito, with red.  (Red chile, that is - open to misinterpretation in that local, abbreviated form: I promise you it was water in my glass).  

No comments:

Post a Comment